KRCL assists clients in protecting what often times are the client's most valuable intangible assets-their intellectual property. The attorneys practicing in KRCL's Intellectual Property Group have the experience and capacity to manage intellectual property matters of any complexity in federal courts throughout the United States and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Our attorneys provide to businesses of all types a wide variety of intellectual property focused legal services including:
- Patent Litigation (prosecution and defense)
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trademark/Trade Dress Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Copyright Registration
KRCL attorneys bring a level of experience and a high degree of litigation competence to the courtroom and have successfully resolved patent infringement, trade dress/trademark infringement, and copyright infringement lawsuits filed in various federal district courts, located within and without Texas, as lead trial counsel, at times being assisted by the client's patent counsel. The Intellectual Property Group has successfully defended clients against claims of patent, trademark, and copyright infringement. Additionally, our attorneys have successfully protected the integrity of our clients' patents as lead counsel suing others due to the infringement of our clients' patents.
The experience of the Intellectual Property Group also extends outside of the courtroom. KRCL attorneys have assisted numerous clients in the pursuit of the registration of trademarks and trade names and copyrights before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Recent Lead Trial Counsel Representative Matters:
- Defended a manufacturing client against allegations of patent infringement relating to electronic systems and controls associated with cash management products (Federal District Court in the Northern District of Texas).
- Prosecuted a manufacturing client's claims against a competitor for infringement of electronic systems and control patents associated with cash management products (Federal District Court in the Eastern District of Texas).
- Defended a trade dress infringement case filed against the client by Ford Motor Company (Federal District Court in the District of Arizona).
- Defended a health care software publishing client against claims of patent infringement of software patents (Federal District Court in the Southern District of Texas).
- Defended a publicly traded Fortune 500 product distribution client ($8 billion in annual sales) against claims that it distributed products manufactured by other, whose products allegedly infringed various patents (Federal District Court in the Eastern District of Texas).
- Defended a health care software publishing client against claims that its software infringed various software patents (Federal District Court in the Eastern District of Missouri).
- Prosecuted a trademark registration before the USPTO on behalf of a French manufacturer and subsequently protected the registered trademark by suing infringing medical clinics for unfair competition violations recognized by the Lanham Act (Federal District Court in the Northern District of Texas).