KRCL's Insurance Group has a broad range of experience representing insurance companies, self-insured entities and insureds in a variety of matters. Our attorneys routinely provide analysis of insurance coverage issues involving commercial general liability, construction, errors and omissions, fidelity, directors and officers, homeowners, automobile/business auto coverages, including uninsured/underinsured motorists, commercial and personal policies, as well as excess and surplus lines. Further, our lawyers aggressively prosecute and defend complex first-party claims, declaratory judgment actions, insurance code violations, deceptive trade practice disputes and bad-faith/extra-contractual related litigation.
In addition to first-party based claims, KRCL attorneys also have extensive experience representing insureds and self-insured entities in a wide variety of third-party claims, including professional malpractice and/or negligence, errors and omissions, breach of contract, directors and officers liability, breach of fiduciary duty, disciplinary violations and other professional misconduct. Further, KRCL has the resources and depth of experience necessary to handle catastrophic personal injury cases, including plant explosions, train wrecks, tractor-trailer accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, product liability claims, wrongful death claims and chemical/toxic releases.
KRCL attorneys are acutely aware that insurance-related disputes can be costly and time consuming undertakings. Consequently, our attorneys focus on minimizing the impact of dispute resolution on our clients, while at the same time aggressively moving disputes forward without delay or unnecessary expense—whether that be through dispositive motion practice or alternative dispute resolution. To that end, KRCL attorneys have significant experience with all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation, and other forms of structured negotiation. We frequently and successfully utilize these trial alternatives in an effort to economically resolve disputes that are better suited for out of court settlement. However, when disputes cannot be resolved without court intervention, our trial lawyers have the necessary courtroom experience to protect our clients' interests in both state and federal courts in Texas and around the country.
KRCL's Insurance Group actively works with other sections of the Firm to analyze and resolve important coverage issues, including issues related to analysis of coverage on behalf of policyholder's in connection with significant construct defect litigation or catastrophic loss exposure. KRCL's wide breadth of experience allows the Insurance Group to support other sections of the Firm, and to seamlessly handle insurance issues.
KRCL attorneys have successfully provided insurance-related legal services to a wide variety of insurance carriers and insureds, involving:
• Coverage opinions and analysis of the duty to defend and the duty to indemnify
• Preparing and analyzing Stowers settlement demands
• Preparation of reservation of rights letters on behalf of insurance carriers
• Response to reservation of rights letters on behalf of insureds
• Declaratory judgment actions on behalf of carriers and insureds
• Environmental coverage analysis and litigation
• Deceptive trade practice actions
• Disputes concerning excess and umbrella carriers
• Texas Insurance Code Violations
• Bad-faith and extra-contractual actions
• Disputes involving surplus lines and unadmitted insurance carriers
• Errors and omissions coverage analysis and litigation
• ERISA litigation
• Directors and Officers coverage analysis and litigation
• Serving as monitoring counsel for excess carriers on catastrophic injury and other liability matters
• Subrogation litigation
• Employment Practices/EPLI