Andrew Mihalick represents and advises clients in a vast array of litigation matters in both state and federal courts. His practice focuses on first and third party insurance litigation, including non-subscribing employer defense, and serves as defense counsel to institutional and small business clients on matters ranging from code compliance, landlord-tenant issues and contract negotiation and interpretation to premises defect and negligence claims. He is an experienced litigator in commercial, real estate and construction matters, non-compete and trade secret misappropriation cases, and fiduciary duty litigation, insurance bad faith and DTPA claims.
Prior to joining KRCL, Andrew practiced at a Houston-based commercial and real estate litigation law firm where he served as lead attorney on all pretrial matters, including but not limited to case management and strategy, motion and hearing practice, and depositions. Andrew also tried cases, obtained injunctions and drafted appellate briefs and petitions for writs of mandamus.
Andrew obtained his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 2004. While in law school, he clerked with both the Honorable Tim Taft in the First District Court of Appeals of Texas and an insurance subrogation firm in Houston, Texas. He was also a member of Currents International Trade Law Journal and an initiate of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity.
- 24-party construction defect case involving a mid-rise residential development that resulted in $2.6MM for client.
- Breach of contract case involving the conveyance of a patent and royalties that resulted in $650k recovery for client.
- Co-chaired a tortious interference/trade secret misappropriation case resulting in $609k jury verdict for client.
- Co-chaired a construction defect/construction trust funds litigation resulting in $104k unanimous jury verdict.
- Overturned a $3.2MM verdict on appeal, resulting in a take-nothing verdict for client.
- Note published in Currents, International Trade Journal, Winter 2004 Edition
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- 5th Circuit Bar Association
- Volunteer Head Coach, i9 Sports (Flag Football, Baseball, Soccer)
- Committeeman, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Word Championsip BBQ Cook-Off Committee