Angela Offerman possesses a keen understanding of her clients and their needs, whether they are embroiled in contentious litigation, trying to settle outside of court, or trying to recover in bankruptcy. She understands that each client is unique and tailors her approach to address the legal and business needs of each particular client.
Angie’s varied practice has allowed her to quickly and efficiently respond to any type of case and challenge. Her knowledge of both litigation and bankruptcy allows her the perspective to contemplate bankruptcy issues that arise early on in a case so that her clients can prepare for and mitigate any risks. She has represented creditors, debtors, and bankruptcy trustees in various bankruptcy matters. Her representation also includes general litigation with an emphasis on complex commercial and business litigation. Angie represents corporate and individual clients as both plaintiffs and defendants in various litigation and counseling matters including contract, landlord/tenant, foreclosure, construction, deceptive trade practices, and real estate matters.
- Mortgage companies
- Transportation companies
- Real estate companies
- Real estate brokers and agents
- Author, Bankruptcy Court Finds that it is the Proper Forum for Trade Secret Dispute, ABI Technology and Intellectual Property Committee Newsletter (October 2014)
- Author, Can a Corporation Sue for Reputation Damages?
- Panelist, State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section Bench/Bar Conference (June 2013)
- Speaker, UT CLE Consumer Bankruptcy Practice (August 2011)
- Speaker, Texas Tech Business & Bankruptcy Law Association (2009)
- Author, Can a Corporation Sue for Reputation Damages? The Texas Supreme Court Answers, KRCL Litigation Alert (June 3, 2014)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Section Council Member (2015-2016)
- Baylor Business Network
- The Moller – Foltz American Inn of Court
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Professional Development Committee Co-Chair (2007-2008); Arts and Entertainment Committee Co-Chair (2010-2011), Board of Directors (2011-2012)
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation Fellow
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section Young Lawyers Committee, Membership Liaison (2011-2012), Vice-Chair (2013-2014), Chair (2014-2015)
- Turnaround Management Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Member, Houston Fit (2007 – present). Completed 2011 and 2012 Houston Marathon, 2014 TCS New York City Marathon; 15+ half marathons; 2012 CB&I Sprint Triathlon – The Woodlands
- Through her representation of Habitat for Humanity – Northwest Harris County, Inc., KRCL was selected as “Business of the Quarter” (Winter 2014)