Boyd Mouse, a director of the Firm, practices in the Litigation Section and represents public and private companies and individuals regarding a diverse range of complex business and commercial matters with an unwavering dedication to achieving the most successful dispute resolution outcomes in the most cost-efficient manners for his clients under the circumstances. Boyd represents his clients based on the principle that the success of an engagement is determined not only by the results obtained at the courthouse or through an agreed upon resolution but also by the amount of resources expended by his clients to achieve those results.
Boyd has represented clients in industries including real estate, construction, manufacturing, hospitality, banking, finance, healthcare, software, and publishing. Boyd’s practice has involved representing clients as plaintiffs and defendants in matters in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels, including construction delay and defect matters, landlord/tenant matters, partnership matters, employment matters, software licensing and implementation matters, trademark and trade dress matters, trade secret and non-competition covenant matters, merger and acquisition matters, fraudulent conveyance matters, defense of class action securities and consumer matters, professional negligence matters, and other disputes involving business torts and general business matters. Boyd also represents condemnors, property owners, and tenants in eminent domain litigation regarding matters ranging from highway and railroad projects to oil and gas pipeline easements. In addition to business and commercial matters, Boyd has also represented clients regarding personal injury matters with an emphasis on defense of premises liability and liquor liability claims for restaurant industry clients and nursing homes.
Born and raised in Elk City, Oklahoma as the third of four boys, Boyd grew up on a farm and cattle ranch, where he served many years of hard labor alongside his brothers. Boyd and his wife Kristi are the proud parents of three young children.
- Represented operating company of the American Airlines Center in defense of multimillion dollar tort and breach of contract claims brought by bankruptcy trustee of restaurant franchisee. Obtained summary judgment dismissal of substantially all of the trustee’s claims and trustee dismissed remaining claim. In re: Base Holdings, LLC, 487 B.R. 727 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2012)(appeal pending).
- Represented publicly traded healthcare staffing company in defense of federal class action lawsuit under Fair Credit Reporting Act. After substantial discovery, Plaintiffs dismissed claims with prejudice in exchange for client’s agreement not to seek attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Represented publicly traded restaurant company in prosecution of lawsuit regarding construction delay and negligent construction claims against landlord and contractor involving damages in excess of $1 million. Successful settlement in connection with landlord’s bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented publicly traded healthcare staffing company in defense of Sarbanes-Oxley Act Whistle Blower complaint filed by former company executive. Successful settlement prior to trial.
- Represented publicly traded hospitality industry company regarding prosecution and defense of claims in lawsuit with franchisees. Successful settlement with client obtaining all amounts owing from franchisees.
- Represented apartment complex owner in defense of code violation litigation with the City of Dallas. Obtained take nothing judgment in favor of client after bench trial.
- Represented publicly traded manufacturing company in defense of fraudulent transfer claims in lawsuit arising out of reverse merger. Successful settlement in connection with co-defendant’s bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented national giftware company in defense of lawsuit for violations of California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act (Proposition 65). Obtained dismissal of client without payment.
- Represented real estate development company in defense of indemnity and tort claims in connection with class action ADA lawsuit.
- Represented industrial warehouse owner in condemnation litigation regarding the City of Dallas Trinity River Corridor Project. Obtained $5.025 million award.
- Represented regional mall owner in condemnation litigation regarding TxDOT highway project. Obtained award in excess of $900,000.
- Represented commercial real estate developer in gas pipeline easement condemnation. Obtained $800,000 award.
- Represented officers and directors in defense of federal class action securities fraud litigation. Obtained dismissal with prejudice of all clients on motion to dismiss. Lemmer v. Nu-Kote Holdings, Inc., 2001 WL 1112577 (N.D. Tex. Sept. 6, 2001).
- Co-Author, “Avoiding Franchisor Liability for Dram Shop Claims,” HospitalityLawyer.com, October 2006 Newsletter
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Continuing Legal Education Committee (1999-2000)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Board Member, Rockwall ISD Education Foundation, 2014
- Youth Basketball Coach, Park South Dallas YMCA, 2000-01, 2008-09