During his nearly two decades of legal experience, Brian Fisher has represented individuals, small-businesses, and Fortune 500 clients in both state and federal courtrooms in New Mexico, Texas, and beyond. Having first moved to New Mexico from Texas nearly four decades ago, Brian has developed an understanding and appreciation of the unique and differing environments and cultures of both the New Mexico and Texas legal communities. With this knowledge, Brian has been able to assist clients with developing aggressive and cost-effective litigation strategies based upon his vast litigation experience in multiple venues throughout New Mexico, Texas, and other surrounding states.
Over the course of his legal career, Brian has successfully defended numerous trucking companies, food processors, health care providers, retailers, hotels, restaurants, landlords, communications providers, insurance companies, and banks in all aspects of litigation. Brian is a frequent contributor to industry publications within the retail, restaurant, hospitality, and trucking industries. His hard work and professionalism have earned Brian multiple awards, including his inclusion amongst the Texas Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars by Thompson Reuters in the areas of personal injury defense and civil litigation.
Brian has been and remains active in legal associations in both New Mexico and Texas, including the State Bar of New Mexico, the State Bar of Texas, the Albuquerque Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association, and the New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association.
- Granted summary judgment for a commercial landlord client in tenant eviction proceeding and obtained a resulting writ of possession in state court;
- Awarded a defense verdict in multi-million dollar wrongful death action brought against an interstate trucking client in federal court;
- Obtained a defense verdict in an employee injury and wrongful termination action brought against a food processing client in federal court;
- Acquired a favorable verdict in federal court for a hospitality management company client involved in contract dispute with hotel client;
- Achieved a defense verdict for an employer client in personal injury lawsuit arising out of the improper use of a forklift in federal court;
- Obtained a defense verdict for a food processing client in state court arising from a claimed repetitive motion injury;
- Successfully briefed the appeal of a workplace injury lawsuit involving general negligence and wrongful termination causes of action before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit;
- Settled a multi-million dollar personal injury lawsuit against a food processing client and third-party transportation company by convincing third-party company to fully fund the settlement; and
- Achieved a favorable settlement in a multi-million dollar foodborne illness lawsuit involving E.coli exposure for a food processing client.
- Co-author, “Laden with Flexibility: FMCSA Issues New Guidance on Personal Conveyance,” DRI In Transit newsletter (Volume 21, Issue 2).
- Opting Out: Advising Clients on Workers’ Compensation Alternatives, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, July 2014
- The Waiver War: Avoiding Disclosure of Privileged Information In Handling Texas Workers’ Compensation Claims, National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association Winter 2013 Newsletter
- Don’t Curse the Nurse: Nursing Issues from a Legal Perspective, Arkansas Nurse Managers Conference, October 17, 2013, Springdale, Arkansas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Heart Association, volunteer
- American Cancer Society, volunteer
- Wednesday’s Child Benefit Corporation, volunteer
- Young Texans Against Cancer, volunteer