Brian Fisher, a Director with the Firm, practices in the Litigation Section with a specific focus on defending both large and small corporations, partnerships, and other business organizations in both tort and contractual disputes. Brian has represented clients in state courts throughout Texas, and has an extensive amount of experience practicing before all four of the state’s United States Districts Courts. Due to Brian’s knowledge and experience in venues throughout Texas, he is able to provide clients with specialized insight on local rules, practices, and procedures in Texas state and federal courts.
Brian has successfully defended numerous trucking companies, food processors, retailers, hotels, restaurants, communications providers, insurance companies, and banks in all aspects of litigation during his legal career. In addition to his litigation services, Brian has worked closely with businesses who have opted to become nonsubscribers under the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act in developing, implementing, and defending employee benefit plans for injured employees. Brian is a frequent contributor to several publications providing guidance and insight in the area of nonsubscriber law.
Brian was selected by his peers in 2014 and 2015 for the Texas Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars published by Thomson Reuters in the area of personal injury defense, and again in 2015 in the area of civil litigation. This designation is given to lawyers under 40 who are viewed by their colleagues as preeminent in their respective practice areas.
- Opting Out: Advising Clients on Workers’ Compensation Alternatives, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, July 2014
- The Waiver War: Avoiding Disclosure of Privileged Information In Handling Texas Workers’ Compensation Claims, National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association Winter 2013 Newsletter
- Don’t Curse the Nurse: Nursing Issues from a Legal Perspective, Arkansas Nurse Managers Conference, October 17, 2013, Springdale, Arkansas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Heart Association, volunteer
- American Cancer Society, volunteer
- Wednesday’s Child Benefit Corporation, volunteer
- Young Texans Against Cancer, volunteer