Brian Clark, a director of the Firm, practices in the Litigation Section with an emphasis on representing financial institutions, national corporations, local businesses and individuals in commercial matters.
Brian has successfully prosecuted and defended lawsuits on behalf of his clients in state and federal trial courts throughout the State of Texas and other jurisdictions in a wide range of disputes, including contractual, labor & employment, landlord/tenant, credit card processing, real estate, property tax valuation and business-related disputes. Brian also has significant experience in arbitration, adversary litigation relating to bankruptcies, and appeals. He is also a certified mediator with a passion for helping parties resolve their disputes outside of the courtroom.
Brian was selected by his peers for the Texas Super Lawyers list of Rising Star published by Thomson Reuters (2009-2016), a designation given to lawyers under 40 who are viewed by their colleagues as preeminent in their respective practice areas.
- Secured dismissal of multi-million dollar fraudulent transfer lawsuit against banking client during pretrial conference that required no payment to the plaintiff.
- Summary judgment against company for failure to distribute stock proceeds to former officers upon sale of privately-held company.
- Numerous summary judgments on behalf of commercial landlords for breach of lease, including award of attorneys’ fees.
- Favorable resolutions on behalf of financial institutions in lawsuits arising out of disputed credit reporting.
- Favorable resolution on behalf of financial institution in lawsuit involving claims of violations of the Bank Tying Act.
- Successful prosecution and defense of requests for temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions relating to covenants not to compete, foreclosures and evictions.
- Favorable resolution of property tax valuation dispute regarding commercial property valued at over $100 million.
- Obtained judgments for numerous businesses and individuals in lawsuits regarding debts owed and has successfully enforced such judgments through post-judgment collection activities.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers