A former Marine Corps officer and aviator, Caleb Davis is an adept litigator twice recognized as a Texas Rising Star attorney by Thomson Reuters. He utilizes a broad set of skills to provide clients with effective, aggressive representation, and Caleb resolves disputes and tries cases involving securities fraud, investor fraud, shareholder oppression, corporate governance, trademark infringement, white collar crime, and antitrust. He represents a variety of organizations from around the United States, including energy and financial services businesses.
Caleb’s many clients, including Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, value his candid, reliable communication, close attention to detail, and innovative approach to litigation and negotiation. He has practiced in the United States Supreme Court, as well as in the Supreme Court of Illinois, Appellate Courts of Texas and Illinois, and the state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Caleb brings to his practice an ability to clearly convey multifaceted and complex legal concepts to both clients and the courts. Because no two cases are alike, he emphasizes thorough research to ascertain the reasons a court decided one way or another in a particular instance and whether or not those reasons apply to his current case. A New York-trained attorney, Caleb employs excellent writing skills to craft persuasive arguments and other documents.
At the start of his legal career, Caleb interned for the Honorable Denny Chin at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he served as a captain, aviator, and intelligence officer in the United States Marine Corps and planned counterinsurgency operations for NATO Headquarters in Southwest Afghanistan. Caleb’s military service, the countless hours he spent on the practice field as an award-winning NCAA soccer player, and other life experiences taught him the value of endurance. He believes in always showing up fully prepared for the task, being reasonable and responsive and maintaining an even keel, hard work, and bringing his clients a great deal of value for their dollars.
Away from the Office
Caleb enjoys attending charity events, working out, and following college football.
- Lead attorney for securities (oil & gas) and corporate fraud matter. Won $25,000,000.00 judgment plus attorneys’ fees in Arbitration and State Court.
- Lead attorney for multijurisdictional uniform law matter. Tried the matter in multiple jurisdictions, a state agency, and an appellate court. Appeal is pending on matter of first impression.
- Lead attorney defending theft and conversion matter. Won on summary judgment.
- Lead attorney for commercial real estate matter. Successful settlement.
- Lead attorney for commercial paper and employment matter. Successfully mediated.
- Assisted in defense of $300,000,000.00 white collar, civil forfeiture matter.
- Lead attorney for securities and corporate fraud dispute. Tried post judgment matters, attached property, and coordinated sheriff’s levy and sale of defendant’s property.
- Lead attorney for shareholder oppression dispute. Drafted answer; matter is currently pending settlement or motion to dismiss.
- Primary attorney for corporate fraud and theft matter.
- Primary attorney defending fraud and franchise dispute.
- Assisted with multijurisdictional conversion dispute involving Fortune 500 company. Drafted motions and internal documents concerning arbitrator disqualification and third-party impleader.
- Assisted with defense of trademark infringement case for iconic American brand.
- Primary attorney in defending Fortune 500 company against Sherman Act (antitrust) claims and state antitrust claims.
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Ally Chair, Fordham Outlaw Organization (2012-2013)
- Founder, Students for the Education and Rehabilitation of Veterans (2013-2014)