Daniel Guerra, a director of the Firm, practices in the Litigation Section. His experience as outside counsel and as an in-house attorney for both private and governmental entities provides him with a unique perspective on advising clients in the resolution of corporate and civil litigation matters in the high tech, real estate, transportation and chemical industries. His representation includes a variety of commercial cases including lender liability, landlord/tenant, intellectual property and insurance coverage disputes. He has also represented heavy industries in environmental matters including, community exposure, individual exposures due to catastrophic release and recovery of damages to property.
While serving as General Counsel for Applied Mechanical, Daniel was responsible for all legal and administrative aspects of the semiconductor service provider, including overseeing the implementation and administration of the company’s stock option plan, engaging in merger and acquisition planning, resolving disputes, and coordinating collection activities. In his time as Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas’ Transportation Division, Daniel’s practice consisted of employment law and eminent domain litigation, and successfully represented in both state and federal courts.
- Arbor Windsor Court, Ltd. v. Weekley Homes, L.P., Cause No. 2009-55538, In the 165th Judicial District Court of Harris County, Texas. Jury verdict and judgment in favor of the defense againsta a developer claiming more than $1.2 million in damages and more than $300,000 in attorneys’ fees, April 2013.
- Richard Speirs v. Union Pacific Railroad Company, Cause No. 2009-CI-17924, In the 150th Judicial District Court, Bexar County, Texas. Jury verdict and judgment in favor of the defense on a carman case, where plaintiff asserted total disability and sought in excess of $1 million, February 2013.
- Clenten Carr and Walterine Carr, Individually and as next friend of Katara McDuffie and Mia Brooks, Minors v. Union Pacific Railroad Company, Cause No. 14-10-00674 (Tex. Civ. App. — Houston [14th] Sept. 29, 2011).
- Contributing author to Cybersaurus Lex, a Cyber Security Law blog – part of the KRCL blog network
- Author, To Compete or Not to Compete, Association of Corporate Counsel, Austin Chapter Newsletter.
- Speaker, Fiduciaries In Litigation, Co-author, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, 2010 Spring Meeting.
- Speaker, Right of Way Acquisition of Hazardous Material Sites: Legal Issues, TxDOT Transportation Conference.
- Speaker, How to Testify at Trial and in Deposition, TxDOT Employment Law Seminar.
- Speaker, Texas Agency Structure, Contributor, Chapter 2, Volume 45, Texas Practice, Environmental Law.
- Austin Bar Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- SERTC Tank Car Specialist
- TTCI Tank Car Safety Course, Pueblo, Colorado, August 2011