Darren Harrington has earned a reputation as one of the top employment law attorneys in the U.S. He has substantial experience in enforcing employment contracts to protect an employer’s trade secrets, and defending against Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) citations, claims under the various anti-discrimination statutes, the minimum wage and overtime requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as a broad range of other matters involving employment and traditional labor law.
In regard to OSHA investigations and citations, Darren has represented employers across the country in OSHA inspections, investigations and in defending citations alleging violations of OSHA’s various safety and health standards. Darren’s clients include national and international companies in multiple industries including construction, food processing, oil and gas, and manufacturing. Clients consult with Darren to assist them in providing a safe and OSHA-compliant work environment for their employees. When it comes to defending against OSHA citations, clients appreciate his fight-to-win approach when because he understands that a clean safety record is of paramount importance to the success of many businesses. He knows the OSHA regulations in detail and works with clients to devise the most strategic approach to OSHA compliance and defense.
In addition to representing clients in OSHA cases, Darren is often called upon by employers to protect their trade secrets through the enforcement of restrictive covenants such as non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
A graduate of The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Darren received his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University where he lettered four years in football. As an undergraduate, Darren double-majored in Political Science and General Business, graduating with both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Business Administration. Darren also served four years in the United States Marine Corps Reserves.
Darren Harrington has successfully represented clients in a wide array of businesses and industries across the U.S. and in the Caribbean, including:
- One of the top food processing plants in the U.S.
- A global infrastructure and water sustainability solution provider
- A leading international services provider in energy, chemicals and natural resources
- One of the 3 major data collection and credit reporting agencies
- Pipeline companies
- Insurance companies
- Brokerages and insurance agencies
- Co-Authored: “OSHA Law: Protecting Your Employees and Your Company from Employee Misconduct”, TEXO Association IN FOCUS Magazine Summer Issue, June 2020
- Co-Authored: “Returning to Work in the Shadow of COVID-19: Resources and Suggested Approaches for Employers”, Kane Russell Coleman Logan PC, May 2020
- “OSHA Memo Permitting Discretion in Enforcement Based on Employer’s Good Faith Efforts During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic”, Kane Russell Coleman Logan PC, May 2020
- “Summary: Executive Order on Delegating Authority Under the DPA with Respect to Food Supply Chain Resources During the National Emergency Caused by the Outbrek of COVID-19”, Kane Russell Coleman Logan PC, April 2020
Darren frequently conducts seminars to inform and educate employers on the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act, and other workplace issues.
- Dallas Bar Association, Member