David is a Director in the Firm’s Litigation Section. David’s practice is focused on complex commercial litigation and personal injury defense in the oil and gas, construction, banking, hospitality, manufacturing, and real estate industries. David has obtained a wealth of experience as lead counsel managing cases from their inception to verdict in state courts, federal courts, and arbitrations. The experience of actually trying cases to juries, the bench, and arbitrators provides the ability to assess the risks and rewards associated with litigation, provide business counseling, determine a realistic budget and plan for litigation, and advise when settlement is the best course of action.
David has litigated cases on behalf of service companies, manufacturers, building owners, trucking companies, and car dealerships in addition to many construction disputes relating to both residential and commercial projects (including defending builders, general contractors, subcontractors, and product manufactures in cases ranging from complex defect and premises liability cases to residential defect cases). David has also litigated more than 100 cases on behalf of oilfield product manufactures, oilfield service companies, oilfield consultants, engineers, oilfield rental companies, and oilfield operators in cases ranging from complex tort, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, non-compete/non-solicitation to premises liability.
David has obtained defense verdicts in bench trials, jury trials, and arbitrations as well as numerous defense and plaintiff judgments utilizing motions for summary judgment.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for car dealership in a Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act case and was awarded attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Obtained defense arbitration verdict for national home builder in a negligence, breach of contract, and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act case and was awarded attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Obtained defense arbitration verdict for regional home builder in a negligence, breach of contract, and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act case.
- Obtained defense bench trial verdict for regional general contractor in a breach of contract case.
- Obtained favorable pre-trial settlement on behalf of national bank in breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract case.
- Obtained defense summary judgment in an employment case for a regional company in a wrongful termination case.
- Obtained numerous defense summary judgments in premises liability cases for national owner of commercial properties relating to slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls, and elevator incidents.
- Obtained numerous defense summary judgments in premises liability cases for home builders, car dealers, and property owners.
- Obtained numerous plaintiff verdicts in breach of contract cases for oil companies, oil service companies, and building owners.
- “Litigation Preparedness: Crossing T’s and Dotting I’s Internally and in Contracts”, 2017 KRCL Litigation Seminar, February 2017.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Co-Chair, Houston Bar Association Special Olympics Committee, 2008-2009
- Friends of the Ronald McDonald House, Lifetime Member
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Second Baptist Church
- Make-A-Wish Foundation