Widely recognized by several prominent publications and ranking agencies, David Thrasher focuses his national practice on complex commercial litigation. He advises clients in the oil and gas, construction, banking, hospitality, manufacturing, and real estate industries. He brings a wealth of experience as lead counsel, managing cases from their inception to verdict in state courts and federal courts. David has obtained defense verdicts in bench trials, jury trials, and arbitrations, as well as numerous defense and plaintiff judgments effectively employing motions for summary judgment.
David litigates cases on behalf of businesses of varying types and sizes, such as oil companies, service companies, builders, contractors, developers, manufactures building owners, trucking companies, and car dealerships. He handles construction disputes relating to both residential and commercial projects, including defending builders, general contractors, subcontractors, and product manufactures in cases ranging from complex defect and premises liability to residential defect.
In addition, David represents oilfield product manufactures oilfield service companies, oilfield consultants, engineers, oilfield rental companies, and oilfield operators in complex tort, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, non-compete/non-solicitation, and premises liability matters.
David’s long track record of trying cases to juries, the bench, and arbitrators gives him sharp insight into the risks and rewards associated with litigation and also solidifies his role as a trusted advisor. Frequently acting as an outside general counsel for clients, he provides business guidance, looks to mitigate risk, determines realistic budgets and litigation plans, and advises clients forthrightly when settlement serves as their best course of action.
Away from the Office
In his free time David enjoys spending time outdoors, including hunting and fishing. He, his wife and their two children like to snow ski, cheer on the Baylor Bears, and attend other sporting events together. When they aren’t in the stands at games, David helps coach his son’s football, basketball, and baseball teams. The family also devotes time to volunteering with their church and with various cancer-related charities.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for car dealership in a Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act case and was awarded attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Obtained defense arbitration verdict for national home builder in a negligence, breach of contract, and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act case and was awarded attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Obtained defense arbitration verdict for regional home builder in a negligence, breach of contract, and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act case.
- Obtained defense bench trial verdict for regional general contractor in a breach of contract case.
- Obtained favorable pre-trial settlement on behalf of national bank in breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract case.
- Obtained defense summary judgment in an employment case for a regional company in a wrongful termination case.
- Obtained numerous defense summary judgments in premises liability cases for national owner of commercial properties relating to slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls, and elevator incidents.
- Obtained numerous defense summary judgments in premises liability cases for home builders, car dealers, and property owners.
- Obtained numerous plaintiff verdicts in breach of contract cases for oil companies, oil service companies, and building owners.
- “The Handshake Agreement Should be a Thing of the Past…“, Kane Russell Coleman Logan PC, May 2020
- “Litigation Preparedness: Crossing T’s and Dotting I’s Internally and in Contracts”, 2017 KRCL Litigation Seminar, February 2017.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Co-Chair, Houston Bar Association Special Olympics Committee, 2008-2009
- Friends of the Ronald McDonald House, Lifetime Member
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Second Baptist Church
- Make-A-Wish Foundation