Edward Johnson takes pride in guiding clients in a wide variety of matters both inside and outside the courtroom. His diverse practice includes representing businesses, corporations, and individuals in small and large litigation matters in both state and federal court throughout Texas. He has also appeared pro hac vice multiple times in Oklahoma, and litigated cases in Kansas, Georgia, and South Carolina. Edward regularly handles cases involving breach of contract, negligence, gross negligence, misrepresentation, and premises liability, and he litigates causes of action brought under the Texas Tort Claim Act and the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Edward has also handled a wide variety of pre-suit matters, and assisted clients in simple probate actions and hearings before the Texas Workforce Commission.
During law school, Edward was the recipient of several honors, including the Sports Law Certificate and Governor’s Scholarship. He earned his undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University where he also played on the varsity football team.
When not serving his clients, Edward enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
- Member of trial team that won unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of national freight carrier in wrongful death case where Plaintiff was seeking $5 million in damages.
- Successfully negotiated complicated business divorce after lawsuit in which both sides filed claims and counterclaims for breach of contract, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and tortious interference.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of major food producer resulting in dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims related to alleged food contamination.
- Successfully negotiated favorable Separation and Release Agreement after employment dispute between employee and health provider.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against driver operating van for national rideshare company after bench trial in Dallas County.
- Obtained dismissal of case against national freight carrier after its former driver/employee brought claims for defamation, retaliation, negligence, fraud, and misrepresentation.
- After filing TRCP Rule 202 Petition to Investigate Claim, Edward successfully recovered 100% of the alleged property damage on behalf of national freight carrier without the need for depositions or discovery. Before the Rule 202 Petition was filed, the Defendant denied the claim and refused to accept liability.
- Second chair for trial team that won unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of regional nursing home chain where the standard of care was at issue for a nursing home resident who developed Stage IV pressure ulcers.
- Member of trial team which won multimillion-dollar jury verdict against regional law firm and presumptive heirs based on undue influence and lack of capacity of the testator
- Obtained non-suit with prejudice of breach of contract lawsuit brought by major heavy equipment rental company against client gravel company with no settlement money paid
- Successfully mediated case resulting in recovery of more than 100% of out-of-pocket damages for homebuyer after seller failed to disclose plumbing and foundation defects
- Successfully mediated multiple breach of contract lawsuits brought by regional ambulance providers
- Strategies for minimizing and mitigating damages from a defense perspective – presented by J. Edward Johnson
- Dallas Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Bar College