Jack practices in the Litigation Section with a concentration on protecting companies and insurance carriers confronting high risk, catastrophic loss claims. He litigates a wide range of cases involving products liability, premises liability, deceptive trade practices, transportation accidents, and first-party insurance disputes. Jack also advises clients facing labor and employment difficulties, primarily regarding non-compete agreements, internal investigations, and litigation avoidance.
From pre-suit investigations to jury trials, arbitrations, and appeals, Jack has substantial experience in all aspects of civil litigation. He brings a keen-eyed business sense to his litigation practice by focusing on his client’s bottom line while still aggressively pursuing the most-favorable outcome possible.
Jack was selected by his peers the Texas Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars list (2014, 2015, 2017), a designation given to lawyers under 40 who are viewed by their colleagues as preeminent in their respective practice areas.
- Second-chaired eight day jury trial in Dallas, Texas involving wrongful death claims arising out of catastrophic hotel fire and obtained favorable settlement prior to closing arguments.
- Obtained summary judgment for Fortune 500 company via an interlocutory appeal, which clarified who is entitled to sue under the Texas Wrongful Death Act. LG Electronics, USA, Inc. v. Grigg, 424 S.W.3d 804 (Tex.App.—Tyler 2014, no pet.).
- Successfully defended products liability case involving three fatalities by implementing discovery strategy that “proved a negative” and convinced Plaintiffs there was no factual basis for their claim against my client, a Fortune 500 company.
- Successfully represented creditors in a bankruptcy adversary proceeding based upon an executive’s personal guarantee and collected $250,000 via garnishment.
- Internal investigation and Department of Justice grand jury subpoena response for a defense contractor involving multimillion dollar procurement fraud and terabytes of e-discovery.
- Co-Author, KRCL Litigation Alert, “The Use of Appraisers in First-Party Property Insurance Litigation, A Resounding Endorsement by Texas Appellate Courts,” November 2013.
- Author, KRCL Litigation Alert, “Virtual Vitriol: Defamation and Internet Anonymity,” May 2012.
- Co-author, “The Not-So-Fine Line Between Fair Competition and Betrayal: Fiduciary Obligations of an Employee Acting as the Employer’s Agent in the Pursuit of Business Opportunities, presented at South Texas College of Law Employment Law Conference,” July 2008.
- Research Assistant, “It’s Just Water: Towards the Normalization of Admiralty,” Journal of Maritime Law & Commerce, Vol. 35, No. 4 (Oct. 2004).
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Cowboys Alumni Association
- Dallas Museum of Art, Junior Associates
- Dallas Texas Exes