Kenneth Riney, a Director at the Firm, practices in the Litigation Section. He has practiced civil trial law for over a decade. Kenneth’s practice includes general civil litigation, commercial litigation, professional liability and product liability. He has defended numerous businesses in the retail, hospitality, restaurant, entertainment, multifamily residential and manufacturing industries. He has also defended various livestock professionals, including livestock owners, horse trainers and stable operators, as well as companies in the agribusiness industry.
Kenneth has been named to Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars in civil litigation eight times by Thomson Reuters, an honor bestowed each year on less than 2.5 percent of Texas lawyers under age 40. He currently serves on the Texas Association of Defense Counsel Board of Directors and previously served on the Boards of Directors for the Texas Young Lawyers Association and Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
- Defense of businesses in the retail, hospitality, restaurant, entertainment and multifamily residential industries in various litigation matters.
- Defense of product manufacturers and distributors in multiparty product liability litigation.
- Defense of livestock owners, horse trainers and stable operators in livestock liability actions.
- Defense of cattle feed supplier in agribusiness claims.
- Defense of professionals in professional liability litigation, including insurance agents and real estate agents.
- Author and Speaker, “Hold Your Horses: Livestock & Ag Liability Defenses,” 2016 Texas Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, Fort Worth, TX.
- Co-author and speaker, “Professionalism After 23 Years of the Texas Lawyer’s Creed” CLE, State Bar of Texas Success Strategies and Key Lessons for Young Lawyers, Houston (March 2013).
- Panelist, “A Legal Symposium: Perspectives on Escabedo v. Haygood,” presented by TADC and DTLA, Dallas (October 2011).
- Panelist, “Launching Your Legal Career – Tips for Success” at the Justice James A. Baker Guide to the Basics of Law Practice Course, presented by the Texas Center for Legal Ethics, Dallas (March 2010).
- Author, “Texas Supreme Court Expands the Definition of ‘Seller’ and a Manufacturer’s Duty to Indemnify,” TYLA eNews (October 2010).
- Co-author and speaker, “Professionalism After 20 Years of the Texas Lawyer’s Creed,” State Bar of Texas 17th Annual Advanced Medical Malpractice Course, San Antonio (March 2010).
- Panel moderator, “What Young Lawyers Want and Need to Become Trial Lawyers of the Future,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec (September 2009).
- Author, “No Duty to Warn Independent Contractors of Open and Obvious Defects,” TYLA eNews (July 2008).
- Author and speaker, “Privacy Expectations of Employees in the Digital Age,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Summer Seminar, Vail, CO (2007).
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Board of Directors (2008 – 2012), 2006 DAYL Leadership Class; Co-Chair, Freedom Run Committee (2006-2010), Member, Long Range Planning Committee (2007-2010).
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Life Fellow; Member, Grant Committee (2011).
- Dallas Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Board of Directors, (2008 – present); Director at Large (2009-present); Young Lawyers Committee Chairman (2008-2009); Young Lawyers Committee (2005 – 2009).
- State Bar of Texas, Annual Meeting Planning Committee (2013).
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow; District 6 Nominating Committee (2011-2012, 2014); Award Selection Committee (2012-2015).
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors (2008 – 2012); Senior Editor of TYLA eNews (2008-2012).