Michael Attaway, an associate of the Firm, represents clients in connection with various mergers and acquisitions transactions, commercial financing transactions, and other business related matters.
Michael works with private equity firms and various companies in connection with both acquisitions and divestitures across numerous industries, including energy and healthcare.
He also represents financial institutions, credit funds and borrowers in connection with structuring, drafting and negotiating loan documentation for real estate transactions, asset-based financing, and other secured credit facilities. Michael also works with financial institutions and distressed asset funds in connection with the resolution of distressed loans, including syndicated credit facilities, and the disposition of assets securing distressed loans.
During law school, Michael served as a legal intern for the Honorable Michael T. Parker of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi. He also co-founded the Mississippi Sports Law Society, which has become one of the largest student organizations of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Mergers and Acquisitions/Corporate
- Represented customs brokerage firm in connection with $75,000,000 disposition of U.S. and Mexican companies.
- Represented plywood door distributor in connection with $30,000,000 disposition of assets.
- Represented portfolio companies of private equity firms in connection with the disposition of approximately $100,000,000 of oil and gas assets and the acquisition of an oilfield services and manufacturing company.
- Represented companies in connection with various acquisition and disposition transactions and general corporate counsel.
- Represented administrative agent in connection with $95,000,000 revolving credit facility for the purposes of acquiring capital leases and other assets.
- Represented portfolio company of private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a $500,000,000 credit facility.
- Represented financial institution in connection with aggregate credit facilities of $35,000,000 for the development of natural gas pipelines.
- Represented financial institution in connection with $43,000,000 senior debt financing for the acquisition and development of multi-family housing and negotiation of inter-creditor agreement with mezzanine lender.
- Represented financial institution in connection with $15,000,000 financing for the acquisition and development of a national franchise hotel in newly developed office park.
- Represented company in connection with its acquisition of $35,000,000 working capital revolving credit facility.
- Represented private equity firm in connection with various loans primarily secured by real estate.
- Represented financial institutions in connection with the workout of distressed real estate and asset based lending loans, including syndicated credit facilities involving borrowers in various industries.
- Represented foreign conglomerate in connection with the $65,000,000 acquisition of a national franchise hotel in California and the $65,000,000 disposition of a national franchise hotel in California.
- Represented clients in connection with various real estate finance, acquisition, and disposition transactions.
- Co-Author of “Syndicated Construction Loans, Defaulting Lenders and Equitable Remedies”, 48 Tex. Tech L. Rev 853 (2016)
- Pitfalls for Lawyers of Proposed Change to International Code of Ethics for Accountants, by Michael Attaway and Jennifer Schultz, The Professional Lawyer, Volume 21, Number 4 (2013)
- Lending to a Series LLC, by Gordon Russell and Michael Attaway, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, Volume 38, Number 9, September 2013
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Big Brothers Big Sisters