Raymond Kane, a founding director of the Firm, practices in the Real Estate, Business & Corporate, Financial Services, and Distressed Assets Practice Areas. He focuses on real estate, lending, corporate and federal taxation matters, including fund formation and operational matters which impact promoters, operators and developers governed by SEC Regulation D. His principal practice areas involve the representation of developers, tenants, lenders and operators in all aspects of real estate transactions, including land use, planning, construction and lending matters, as well as the representation of developers, lenders, operators, landlords and tenants in retail, office, hospitality, mixed use and industrial development and leasing transactions. In addition, he has significant experience in the formation and operation of commercial and residential condominiums, transactions involving ground leases and tenancy in common forms of ownership, the formation and operation of mitigation banks, as well as the federal tax aspects of real estate acquisition, leasing, lending and disposition transactions.
- Author, “Summary of the Impact on Commercial Real Estate of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,” Real Estate Investment Journal 43 (1992)
- Author, “Preservation of Leaseholds Following Well Failure,” 36 Oklahoma Law Review 151 (1983)
- Moderator, Development Challenges in North Texas’ Boom Market: Navigating Through the Regulatory Maze – Trees to Transportation!, IOPC Panel Discussion, Urban Land Institute, Dallas, TX, May, 2017
- Moderator, Houston and Dallas Retail Development Summits, Bisnow (2014-2015)
- Moderator, 2nd Annual DFW New Construction & Development Summit, Bisnow (November, 2013)
- Speaker, Lease Accounting & Real Estate Law Changes You Need to be Aware of in 2011, Kinsman Equity Partners Investor Breakfast (January, 2011)
- Panelist, Distressed Assets: Understanding the Opportunities & Challenges in Today’s Commercial Market, North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors and Real Estate Professionals
- Dallas Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Real Estate Council
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Southern Methodist University
- Member, Industrial Development Corporation Board, a City of Dallas sponsored board operating under the direction of the Mayor and City Council of Dallas, which was formed under the 1979 Texas Development Corporation Act for the purpose of promoting economic development in the southern portion of the City of Dallas through the issuance of private activity bonds.