Raymond Kane, a founding director of the Firm, practices in the Real Estate, Business & Corporate, Financial Services, Restaurant & Hospitality and Distressed Assets Practice Areas. He focuses on general business, banking and real estate law, including development, partnership, leasing and lending law matters. His principal practice area involves the representation of developers and operators in all aspects of development transactions, including land use, planning, construction and lending matters, as well as the representation of landlords and tenants in retail, office and industrial development and leasing transactions. He also maintains a special practice emphasis in the areas of commercial, environmental and agricultural transactions, including farm and ranch operations, conservation easements, and mitigation banking. In addition, he has significant experience in the federal tax aspects of real estate transactions, including but not limited to the federal income tax effects to developers regarding real estate related matters. He has also practiced in the areas associated with the construction, operation and maintenance of hotel and resort properties, including the preparation of hotel operating and technical agreements.
- Author, “Summary of the Impact on Commercial Real Estate of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,” Real Estate Investment Journal 43 (1992)
- Author, “Preservation of Leaseholds Following Well Failure,” 36 Oklahoma Law Review 151 (1983)
- Moderator, Development Challenges in North Texas’ Boom Market: Navigating Through the Regulatory Maze – Trees to Transportation!, IOPC Panel Discussion, Urban Land Institute, Dallas, TX, May, 2017
- Moderator, Houston and Dallas Retail Development Summits, Bisnow (2014-2015)
- Moderator, 2nd Annual DFW New Construction & Development Summit, Bisnow (November, 2013)
- Speaker, Lease Accounting & Real Estate Law Changes You Need to be Aware of in 2011, Kinsman Equity Partners Investor Breakfast (January, 2011)
- Panelist, Distressed Assets: Understanding the Opportunities & Challenges in Today’s Commercial Market, North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors and Real Estate Professionals
- Frequent lecturer on real property related matters.
- Dallas Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Real Estate Council
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Southern Methodist University
- Member, Industrial Development Corporation Board, a City of Dallas sponsored board operating under the direction of the Mayor and City Council of Dallas, which was formed under the 1979 Texas Development Corporation Act for the purpose of promoting economic development in the southern portion of the City of Dallas through the issuance of private activity bonds.