With more than 30 years of legal and courtroom experience, Robert LeMay capably prosecutes and defends individuals in complex commercial litigation matters. He brings to his practice particular insight into real estate industry disputes stemming from land use, construction, zoning, landlord-tenant, general real estate transaction, and financing issues. Robert understands the many pressure points that arise in these disagreements and knows how to move matters along and attain favorable outcomes.
Representing individuals and businesses in industries including financial services, manufacturing, security, and energy, Robert advocates vigorously for clients before both federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as arbitration panels. His broad experience in litigation-prevention strategies and his emphasis collaborating closely with clients help them avoid or minimize litigation costs.
Robert handles personal injury, property damage, and products liability claims, particularly in the alarm services industry, as well as creditors’ rights matters, corporate and partnership ownership disputes, and general products liability defense. Robert’s practice includes the successful prosecution and defense of bench and jury trials, as well as appeals, and the prosecution and defense of claims for prejudgment remedies such as injunctions and receiverships.
Serving both plaintiffs and defendants, which gives him a well-rounded perspective, Robert advises clients who have been mistreated or have become embroiled in legal situations not necessarily of their own doing. He finds it highly gratifying to help clients untangle complicated issues and prevent or overcome problems.
Away from the Office
Robert grew up and received his education in Texas; he likes spending time with the many friends and family members who live in the area, including his two grown children. Robert enjoys watching sports, particularly football, and is active in his church.
National and regional counsel to industry leaders in the security and fire alarm industry.
Strategic management of litigation matters across the United States and Canada including:
- Successful representation of a large regional restaurant chain in the prosecution of claims involving a defective credit card processing system against one of the country’s largest credit card processing equipment sellers for damages resulting from a breach of data security protocols through reaching a advantageous settlement during a Federal Court Jury Trial;
- Successful defense of a national precious metals dealer through a take nothing verdict after jury trial in a claim resulting from the Stanford Financial Ponzi scheme and related receivership concerning alleged breach of contract for the sale of gold bullion;
- Successful prosecution of a multi-million dollar claim for breach of a tank rail car lease and defense of counter claims for defective tank rail cars before the American Arbitration Association;
- Successful prosecution of a fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claim involving a partnership dispute related to a healthcare business resulting in an advantageous settlement during a Texas State Court Jury Trial;
- Successful representation of a national paper recycler resulting in a dismissal of claims for aiding and abetting a breach of fiduciary duty related to a proposed box plant to be operated via land fill gas;
- Successful representation resulting in a favorable settlement of a family trust and trustee in a multi-lawsuit dispute involved alleged mismanagement and alleged self dealing;
- Successful representation resulting in a favorable settlement of a national security alarm company in property damage claim resulting from a multi-million dollar jewelry store burglary involving organized criminal groups.
- Successful representation resulting in a favorable settlement of a real estate general partnership in a dispute with limited partners involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and self-dealing in multiple real estate limited partnerships.
A sample of published opinions include:
- Dennis Jewelry Co. v. Sonitrol Management Corp., 2003 WL 179618 (Tex. App.; San Antonio 2003)
- Tipton v. Sonitrol Security Systems, Inc., 958 F.Supp. 447, 83 Fair Empl. Prac. Cas. (BNA) 1811, 70 Empl. Prac. Dec. P. 44,583 (E.D. Mo. 1996)
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. v. Sonitrol Management Corp., 183 Fed Appx 624 2006 WL1582640 United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
- Julie’s Pawn, Inc. v. Sonitrol of Fort Worth, Inc., 2003WL21877717 Court of Appeals Waco
- Omni Corp. v. Sonitrol Corp., United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, December 18, 2008 3037 ed Appx 908 2008 WL 5262368
- L’Art De La Mode v. Wells Fargo Trade Capital Servi ces, Inc., Court of Appeals of Texas, Dallas April 20, 2011 2001WL1493988
- Fireman’s Fund Ins. Co. vs. Sonitrol Management Corp. 298 Fed Appx. 668 2008WL4817095 USCoA 9th Cir. Nw 5, 2008
- Cleveland v. Live Oak State Bank, Court of Appeals of Texas Dallas, 2013WL1803733
- Lion Petroleum Missouri, Inc. V. Millennium Super Stop, LLOC, USDC ED Missouri Eastern Div. May 2, 2007, 2007WL1306455
- Moon Soo Kim v. Stanley Convergent Sec. Solutions, Inc., USDC ND Texas Dallas Division 2013 WL 1715789
- Omni Corp. v. Sonitrol Corp. 476 F. Supp 2nd 125 (US DC Connecticut 2007)
- Lion Petroleum of Missouri, Inc. v. Millennium Super Stop LLC, 467 F. Supp. 953 (USDC ED Missouri 2006)
- In re. Ruby Tequila’s Amarillo West, LLC. 2012 WL 537812 (Tex App-Amarillo 2012)
- Brookview Partners, L.P. v. Hannah, 260 SW 3d 643 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2008)
- Western Innovations, Inc. v. Sonitrol Corp. 187 P3d 1155 (Col. App. 2008)
- In re. Trammel , 246 SW3d 815 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2008)
Dallas Bar Association
Business Litigation Section of the Dallas Bar Association
Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas
Robert is actively involved in community service in the North Dallas area and is an avid fan of the Baylor Bears and the Yale Bulldogs.