Litigator Roland Hamilton advocates for clients in trials and arbitrations on matters involving personal injury, construction, transportation, the petrochemical industry, products liability, and commercial disputes. With a primarily Texas-based practice, he frequently works in state and federal district courts located in the region, but also represents clients in litigation outside the state of Texas.
With particular interests in personal injury and construction litigation, Roland finds it professionally gratifying to defend clients in these arenas. Some cases hinge on questionable claims, and some are a challenge because they involve complex issues with significant construction projects and, in personal injury litigation, deaths, significant injuries, or otherwise emotional matters. Clients value Roland’s thorough preparation, steady demeanor and his ability to uncover the facts. He frequently advises clients involved in litigation stemming from trucking accidents and has made it a priority to attend continuing legal education classes on this topic. Over the years, Roland has also become well-versed regarding construction-related matters, including those involving both residential and commercial construction.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Roland worked for a major oil and gas production company for 11 years, working in materials management, oil and gas accounting, regulatory relations and handling matters pertaining to contracts with working interest owners and other entities. This industry perspective and valuable, non-legal experience enhances his ability to serve clients. Roland’s West Texas roots and upbringing, including working in the oilfields in the summer while in high school and college, influenced his work ethic and brought him into contact with people of all walks of life, which he draws on in his daily activities and interactions while serving his clients.
Away from the Office
A fan of physical activity, Roland wakes up most mornings at 4:15 for weight training and other forms of exercise. He and his wife enjoy being involved in the lives of their two grown children, including watching their son play college baseball and keeping up with their daughter’s career as a television news reporter. He also cheers on the Houston Astros, both at Minute Maid Park and on television. He also enjoys serving as a volunteer, greeting new families in the Creek Kids Children’s Ministry at Clear Creek Community Church.
Roland has defended and tried numerous cases involving the subject matters listed above, including but not limited to the following:
- Defense verdict in state court for underground facility locating company in which fiber optic lines of telecommunications company were damaged by a construction company.
- Defense verdict in federal court for yacht owners in maritime/personal injury case in which Plaintiffs were seriously injured in a wake-related accident while navigating the Intracoastal Waterway along the Bolivar Peninsula near Galveston.
- Defense verdict in state court for general contractor/custom homebuilder in residential construction case in which moisture intrusion damages were alleged to have been caused by faulty construction practices.
- Finding for Defense in arbitration for large developer/homebuilder in residential construction case in which structural damages were alleged to have been caused by faulty development and construction practices.
- Finding for Defense in federal court for one of the world’s largest third-party logistics companies in a case involving damage to electronic components for oil and gas production operations resulting from a trucking accident.
- Defends one of the world’s largest third-party logistics companies in cases alleging cargo damage, personal injury and wrongful death.
- Defends trucking companies and businesses owning commercial vehicle fleets in cases alleging personal injury and wrongful death.
- Defends general contractors and subcontractors in cases alleging construction defects in residential and commercial structures.
- Defends retail premises owners and business operators in cases alleging personal injury and wrongful death.
- Defends apartment owners and management companies in cases alleging personal injury and wrongful death.
- Houston Bar Association
- Construction Section
- State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section
- Clear Creek Community Church, Creek Kids Volunteer on First Impressions Team
- Former Clear Creek High School Baseball Booster Club Volunteer
- Former Bay Area Little League, Baseball Coach
- Former Bay Area Knights, Baseball Coach
- Former Bay Area Sharks, Football Coach
- Former North Galveston County YMCA, Basketball Coach