Shae Keefe, an associate with the firm, is a litigator who represents individuals and corporations in cases involving the following areas and industries: transportation, premises liability, product liability, hospitality and retail, employment, personal injury defense, first party insurance, and energy. She also has extensive experience in toxic tort litigation.
Shae knows that not every case will go to trial, and will utilize creative methods to resolve matters both in and out of the courtroom. She has tried bench and jury trials to verdict, handled cases at mediation, and has resolved cases by pretrial motions, including dismissals and motions for summary judgment.
Shae earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2008. During law school, she served as a law clerk for the Honorable Mark Davidson in the 11th District Court and interned at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office in the Crimes Against Children Division.
- Part of a trial team that received a unanimous jury verdict while defending a client in a car accident case involving disputed liability. Plaintiff was claiming damages of $80,000.00 in outstanding medical bills as a result of his alleged injuries. During the course of the accident, Plaintiff’s vehicle rolled several times, requiring his extraction by the fire department. After two days of trial, the jury deliberated for less than an hour. They came back with a unanimous decision for the defense, finding Plaintiff to be negligent in causing the car accident.
- Obtained a favorable trial result in which her client was required to pay approximately half of what Plaintiff was offered in pre-trial settlement negotiations.
- Won a jury trial in Deer Park Municipal Court. Client received a traffic citation and wanted to fight the charges. Ms. Keefe argued that the client had not committed the action alleged in the citation beyond a reasonable doubt, and a six person jury agreed. They found the client not guilty, resulting in a dismissal of the charges. The client did not have to pay a fine, and his driving record will remain clear of this charge.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment on res judicata grounds in car wreck subrogation action by Plaintiff’s insurance company.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for apartment building manager in property damage claim.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for insurance company and independent appraiser in Hurricane Ike claim. Plaintiff appealed, but appeal was dismissed.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for insurance company, sued by a third party.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for trucking company in case involving personal injuries after motor vehicle accident.
- “How To Avoid a SCANDAL: Consider It ‘Handled’ A Legal Approach to Crisis Management” – Co-Author and Presenter. February 2015, NORA Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Forum
- “Welcome to the Twitterverse: Rules, Strategies and Advice Regarding Social Media Use by Prospective, Current and Past Employees” – Co-Presenter. May 2014, Continuing Education presentation for attorneys and claims professionals at the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Conference
- “I Bet You Didn’t Know: The ‘Ins & Outs’ of Ethical Decisions that Might Surprise the Most Ethical of You” – Co-Author and Presenter. March 2014, Continuing education presentation for claims professionals in the Houston Claims Association.
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance – Region 7 Co-Chair
- The Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- FBI InfraGard – Houston Alliance Member
- Houston Claims Association
- f.r.e.s.h. Young Professionals for the Houston Food Bank
- HBA Veterans’ Legal Initiative – Volunteer at legal clinics at the DeBakey VA Medical Center
- Kappa Delta Houston Alumnae Association