William “BJ” Jones is a determined and dependable trial attorney in the firm’s Construction Litigation section. He defends general contractors and subcontractors in complex, multi-party construction defect and catastrophic injury litigation. His experience also includes commercial matters such as product defect and professional liability. BJ has gained extensive trial experience in the state and federal court systems, and has achieved favorable verdicts in over fifty cases.
- Defended international general contractor from claims of breach of contract and negligence arising from construction of large community hospital.
- Represented painting subcontractor against allegations of defective workmanship at $60M multi-family housing complex.
- Resolved suit for breach of contract and tort claims arising from work performed on upscale home by foundation company.
- Defended land developer against contract and tort claims brought by national homebuilder, involving over 60 homes.
- Handled fire damage claims on behalf of national hair dryer and small appliance manufacturer in cases across Texas.
- Achieved a very favorable settlement in suit against general contractor who constructed 160,000 sq. ft. warehouse and two-story office building.
- Won no liability verdict for international tile manufacturer at trial against homeowners’ breach of contract, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and breach of warranty lawsuit.
- Defended high-profile national food processor against claim of on-the-job personal injury.
- Won zero liability jury verdict for pest control company on claim that its work resulted in water damage.
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association Construction Law Section
- Certified Mediator
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer Mock Trial Judge
- NCAA & United States Soccer Federation State Referee (State Referee Grade 6)
- North Texas State Soccer Association Appeals & Disciplinary Committee Consultant
- North Texas Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association Treasurer
- National Intercollegiate Soccer officials Association Legal Advisor
- Member, All Saints Catholic Church