Michael advises and represents businesses in employment and commercial matters.
Michael’s experience spans over a decade, through every stage of the economic cycle, in a wide variety of industries. His practice includes advising on day-to-day issues as well as complex matters of high importance to organizations. While Michael’s practice focuses on employment-related issues, he has extensive experience navigating commercial matters as well.
A growing portion of Michael’s practice involves data privacy laws and regulations. He advises on data privacy issues under international and domestic laws, including preparing necessary disclosures and commercial agreements governing data processing and transfers.
Away from the office, Michael enjoys spending time with his wife, three children, and their rescue dog.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- State Bar of Texas (2009)
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2009
- Managing Editor, South Texas Law Review
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2005
- Representing companies and executives in executive employment agreements and separations
- Defending large employers in single-plaintiff employment lawsuits
- Represented large employer defending one of nation’s first mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policies
- Defending business against FLSA collective actions and audits
- Defending businesses against EEOC, NLRB, and state agency charges
- Representing businesses in commercial disputes with competitors, suppliers, and third parties
- Advising on compliance with the GDPR, UK GDPR, and state-side data privacy laws
- Presentation, The ADA: Post COVID-19, HR Houston Gulf Coast Symposium, Aug. 4, 2021
- Presentation, How Much is Too Much? “Undue Hardship” under the ADA, HR Houston’s HR Convos - Employment Law, Feb. 2, 2021.
- Presentation, The COVID-19 Vaccine: What It Means For Your Workforce, American Osteopathic Association, Jan. 12, 2021
- Article, What the COVID-19 Vaccine Means for Your Workforce, MGMA Connection Magazine, Jan. 2021
- Quoted in COVID-19 vaccine policy: Is your medical practice ready?, MGMA.com Stat Article (Dec. 17, 2020)
- Article, What the COVID-19 Vaccine Means for Your Workforce, MGMA.com Insight Article (Nov. 29, 2020)
- Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management, 2021 – present
- Texas Rising Star, Labor and Employment, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014 – present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2010 - 2011