Rick Stark, a founding Director of the Firm, practices in the Business Section with a concentration in corporate finance, securities and mergers and acquisitions.
He has had extensive experience in financings of all types, ranging from venture capital to public debt and equity offerings, while representing clients in a variety of industries including consumer products, health care, telecommunications, real estate and oil and gas.
- Business & Corporate
- Corporate Finance
- Energy, Oil and Gas
- Financial Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Financing
- State Bar of Texas (1979)
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 1979
- Articles Editor, American Criminal Law Review
Arizona State University, B.A., 1976
- with honors
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Corporate Law: General (2013-2014, 2017, 2021)
- Recipient, Highest Grade, Texas Bar Exam (1979)
The Firm regularly represents companies, funds and individuals in their various acquisition, disposition and financing activities. Deal sizes typically are in the $15,000,000 to $100,000,000 range. Some specific recent transactions include:
- Purchase of $150,000,000 of natural gas assets in Turkey with a simultaneous resale of $90,000,000 of such assets to third-party purchasers.
- Sale of majority interests in large natural gas field in Barnett Sale in Texas to Chinese national with an indicated value of $76,000,000.
- $60,000,000 in acquisitions of oil and gas properties in Bulgaria, Morocco and Turkey.
- $12,000,000 sale of privately held consumer products company to equity sponsor.
- $30,000,000 investment by Chinese national into a publicly traded oil and gas company.
- $350,000,000 senior debt/mezzanine debt/equity financing a mixed use real estate project in Dallas.
- Five separate acquisitions throughout the United States for a publicly traded temporary services company in pursuit of roll-up strategy.
- Numerous energy companies and alternative energy companies in acquisition and financing transactions with values in excess of $500,000,000.
- Frequently lectures at continuing legal education seminars.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Member/trustee of various boards and committees for educational institutions and non-profit organizations