Ryan specializes in counseling a variety of clients as they navigate through all stages of the business cycle.
He began his career working closely with in-house counsel for two international corporations. With this experience, and his background in finance and economics, Ryan has developed a keen respect and understanding of the diverse needs of businesses across an array of industries.
Ryan has developed an affinity for advising clients through the merger and acquisition process. He takes the time to understand both his client’s business as well as their goals. His varied experience helps him to anticipate potential hurdles and to determine the appropriate solution and response for each individual transaction.
Specifically, Ryan has taken his understanding of trust and estate laws to guide closely held businesses in developing succession plans tailored to his client’s specific wants and needs. As a member of a fourth-generation farming family, Ryan appreciates the difficulty his clients may experience when designing and ultimately implementing a succession plan.
Whether part of the general life cycle of the business or in conjunction with an acquisition, Ryan routinely coordinates with commercial lenders and borrowers to structure, draft, and negotiate various financing transactions. He continues to represent clients within a spectrum of commercial finance transactions including those involving real estate development and construction projects.
Away From the Office
When he is not at the office, Ryan enjoys staying active, volunteering at his local parish, working on the family farm, and finding ways to expand his whiskey collection.
- Business & Corporate
- Financial Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Financing
- State Bar of Iowa (2016)
- State Bar of Nebraska (2016)
- State Bar of Texas (2021)
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2016
- Creighton University, magna cum laude, 2013 B.S.BA., Economics & Finance
- Senior Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems
- 2016 Jessup Moot Court Team Member
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Trusts and Estates
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Civil Procedure
Mergers and Acquisitions/Corporate:
- Represented a national group in the $26,000,000 disposition of its construction supply company.
- Represented food products company in connection with $22,500,000 cross-border acquisition of U.S. growing and production operations and related $100,000,000 CAD financing.
- Represented a regional group in the $15,000,000 acquisition of a medical practice.
- Represented a regional brokerage firm in the $13,000,000 disposition of its brokerage portfolio.
- Represented international conglomerate in connection with a $325,000,000 investment into a renewable energy project.
- Represented clients in connection with various acquisitions and disposition transactions and general corporate counsel.
- Represented various real estate development groups with regards to the refinancing of commercial loans ranging from $25,000,000 to $90,000,000 under Freddie Mac multifamily programs.
- Represented construction group with regards to $11,000,000 commercial financing with the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Represented investment group in connection with a $300,000,000 investment in a real estate development project.
- Represented construction group in connection with a $10,000,000 investment in a real estate development project.
- Represented real estate investment group in connection with a $8,000,000 sale of a commercial real estate complex.
- Represented clients in connection with various commercial leasing transactions.
- Represented clients in connection with various real estate financing, acquisition and disposition transactions.
- Member of Phi Delta Phi
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 2016
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2016
- Iowa Young Lawyers Division – District Representative (2019-2021)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – District Representative for Nebraska and Iowa (2020-2021)