KRCL Director James Prappas and Attorney Demetri Economou will be presenting at the upcoming 1st Annual HR Maximizer Member Conference on August 16th and 17th in Houston, Texas. Titled “Attracting, Engaging and Retaining Healthcare Providers,” the conference will host HR/TA professionals and leaders, hiring managers, and C-Suite leaders of acute care hospitals and ambulatory/outpatient centers interested in learning about the current state of recruiting healthcare providers. This conference has been approved by HRCI for 9.5 credit hours.
Demetri will be presenting “Legal Considerations When Recruiting Locally and Nationwide” at 2:50 p.m. on August 16th.
He will present a hiring and retention toolkit for:
- Conducting legally compliant background checks
- Navigating state and local “ban the box” statutes
- Considering expunged, sealed, or non-disclosed criminal records
- Dealing with current employees with post-hire employment disqualifications, including post-hire criminal activity.
James will be presenting “Recruiting Foreign Trained Employed Physicians, NP/PAs, and Nurses” at 1:30 p.m. on August 17th.
He will answer questions, such as:
- What are the countries that present the fewest challenges?
- What type of timeframe is generally involved if things go smoothly?
- What factors should be considered when recruiting foreign-trained clinical staﬀ?