DALLAS, TEXAS (PRWEB) APRIL 01, 2020
Immediately after President Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Kane Russell Coleman Logan has announced its formation of the KRCL CARES Task Force. The initial team consists of six transactional lawyers and four litigators in Dallas and Houston:
- Gordon Russell, Director (Dallas – transactional)
- Arthur Nathan, Director (Houston – transactional/tax)
- Doug Bracken, Director (Dallas – employment law)
- Andrea “AJ” Johnson, Director (Houston – employment law)
- Richard Hathaway, Director (Dallas – employment law)
- Demetri Economou, Director (Houston – employment law)
- Emily Green, Associate (Houston)
- Jade Peterkin, Associate (Dallas)
- Drew Robertson, Associate (Dallas)
- Kathleen Thompson, Associate (Dallas)
The task force will work with businesses and employers on the best processes for obtaining federal government relief aid and managing employees and payroll. The KRCL team has been developing the materials, ideas and advice needed to assist during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CARES Act impacts unemployment insurance, business loans, employer-sponsored health insurance, retirement savings and employer-provided education assistance, as well as banking, real estate and equipment leasing, and the restaurant and insurance industries.
“The KRCL employment law group has been staying on top of COVID-19 developments as they change rapidly,” Employment Law Co-Chair Andrea “AJ” Johnson said. “We have written several essential articles for our Law in the Workplace blog and we are studying this new Act closely. Our goal is to assist clients with their most critical decisions as quickly as possible.”
“I am proud of the employment practice group for taking fast action,” said Gordon Russell, a founding Director of the firm. “Many of our attorneys across the firm have been working long hours to ensure our clients have the most up-to-date information during the coronavirus crisis. I am confident that the work product and the advice of our lawyers will be a useful resource for our clients at this very difficult time for all of us.”