KRCL built its law firm on the tail-end of the S&L Crisis. Our lawyers have served as counsel for the developers, owners, banks, FDIC, RTC, FSLIC, bridge banks, acquirers of distressed assets and loans, professionals and other constituents. With the advent of the current liquidity crisis, the Firm has established a Distressed Assets Group, which draws from a deep bench of transactional, regulatory, litigation and insolvency lawyers who practice with the Firm’s Real Estate, Financial Services, Litigation and Insolvency & Creditor Rights Practice Groups.
We are currently representing and advising clients on a myriad of issues ranging from simple deposit insurance protocol to complex litigation on behalf of acquirers of distressed assets. Our focus includes:
- partnership management/funding disputes
- construction stoppages
- borrower/lender workouts and restructurings
- bankruptcy and creditor’s rights
- prepackaged bankruptcies
- receiverships and trusteeships
- environmental remediation
- due diligence in connection with portfolio acquisition and disposition transactions
- fidelity bonds
- liquidation of failed insured depository institutions
- commercial and other litigation, including director and officer liability
- litigation, accountant liability litigation, legal and other professional
- malpractice litigation, and lender liability litigation
With a proven track record, KRCL is often called upon to appear for our clients in numerous high-stakes workout, restructuring and bankruptcy matters. Our attorneys negotiate with finesse, build consensus and creatively solve problems on behalf of clients. With a solid understanding of what it takes to effectively resolve troubled managing member/member, borrower/lender and debtor/creditor relationships, KRCL works closely with its clients to achieve their goals in what is often an extremely hostile, complex and litigious environment.