Physicians spend years training to provide extraordinary care and to save lives, but entire medical careers can be jeopardized with one accusation of wrongdoing. The attorneys at KRCL know how vitally important your reputation is to your career so we defend our physician clients aggressively to protect and preserve your rights.
Although Texas physicians remain our focus, we have represented multiple physicians across the United States in:
- Medical Peer Review Process
- Credentialing Disputes
- Recruitment Agreements and Income Guarantees
- “Sham Peer Review” Disputes
- Administrative Hearings and Appeals
- Medical Staff Appointment and Clinical Privileges
- National Practitioner Data Bank
- Health Care Quality Improvement Act
- Texas Medical Board Investigations
- Physician Contracts and Non-Compliance Agreements
Our team has a strong reputation of aggressive representation for physicians. In 2004, Michael Logan was lead counsel to Dr. Larry Poliner in Poliner vs. Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a landmark case that resulted in a substantial jury verdict in favor of Dr. Poliner. The verdict was the ninth largest jury verdict in the United States.
Since that time, KRCL has been a “go to” law firm in the area of medical peer review, and particularly “sham peer review” proceedings. KRCL is regularly retained and consulted in matters across the United States in peer review proceedings.