What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, complete a contact form, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To confirm a Firm event or seminar registration, or send invitations to future Firm events or seminars.
- To send periodic emails with news or other information about the Firm.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We use an SSL certificate
- We only provide articles and information, we never ask for personal or private information or credit card numbers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
What are Cookies?
Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
(i) Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire when you close your browser. Session cookies allow the Services to recognize your computer as you navigate between pages during a single browser session, allowing you to use the Services most efficiently.
(ii) Persistent cookies: these are stored on your computer between browsing sessions until they expire or are deleted. They allow the Services to remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
Changing your cookie settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Information Collected by our Analytics Software
Some of the cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies. Our analytics software (Google Analytics and /or SiteImprove) allows us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Services when they are using the Services. This helps us to improve the way the Services work, e.g.., by making sure that users are finding what they need easily. The following types of information are collected by our analytics software:
- User’s demographic information, e.g., language preference and location (city, country/territory, continent, sub-continental region).
- User’s behavior, e.g., whether the user is a new or returning visitor, the frequency of visits/date of last visit.
- User’s technology, e.g., operating system, network/service provider (ISP and network host).
- Mobile information, e.g. whether the user accessed the Services via a mobile device and, if so, the type of device (brand, service provider, operating system and input selection method).
- Traffic source, e.g., direct (i.e., the user typed in the URL themselves) or referral (i.e., the user clicked on a link) and for referral traffic, the traffic source (search engine or link); also the Google search term (if applicable) that resulted in the link to the Website.
- Content viewed, e.g., pages, files, and directories clicked on, landing pages/exit pages and search words (if any) used on the Website.
After your initial visit to this website we may change the cookies we use. This cookies policy will always allow you to know who is placing cookies, for what purpose and give you the means to disable them so you should check it from time to time.
Please be aware that if cookies are disabled not all features of the Services may operate as intended.