Kane Russell Coleman Logan Hosts 2018 Commercial Real Estate Forum with the US-China Chamber of Commerce of Dallas
On Friday, November 9th, Kane Russell Coleman Logan and the US-China Chamber of Commerce of Dallas hosted a commercial real estate forum at the Tower Club in Dallas, Texas. The forum, titled "Commercial Real Estate Investment 2.0,” focused on the recent increase of Chinese investment in US commercial real estate. Seasoned real estate attorneys from Kane Russell Coleman Logan and brokers from Jones Lang LaSalle shared their insights into the unique challenges facing investors with more than 70 attendees.
Topics addressed included:
- What are the current state and the future trend of commercial real estate in the US and in DFW?
- How will the US-China relations impact Chinese investment in US commercial real estate?
- How will the newly-enacted Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRRMA) affect Chinese investment in US commercial real estate?
- What are the common pitfalls and unique challenges faced by Chinese investors?
- What is the typical process of a commercial real estate acquisition?
- How to negotiate a purchase and sale agreement as a buyer?
- What due diligence does a buyer need to conduct prior to closing?
- How should a company negotiate loan documents if financing is involved?
- How should a company negotiate an office or warehouse lease as a tenant?
“Thanks to everyone who helped make this fantastic forum possible, as well as all of the attendees who joined us on Friday,” said Viking Tao, leader of the firm’s China Practice Group. “At KRCL, we believe that opportunities are flourishing for foreign investors in real estate right now, and we are grateful for the chance to discuss these opportunities and analyze best practices with some of the top real estate professionals in DFW.”
The presenters from Kane Russell Coleman Logan included Viking Tao, Paul Downey and Jay Pritcher, all of whom are members of the firm’s well-known Real Estate section. The attorneys represent owners, developers, investors and lenders in sophisticated and innovative real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, development and construction, leasing, lending and finance, partnerships, joint ventures and funds, land use and entitlements, environmental, insurance and ancillary services. These speakers and their colleagues at Kane Russell Coleman Logan have handled some of the most significant deals in the market. Members of the firm's Real Estate section have been rated by Chambers and U.S. News & World Report for their excellence.