With a great deal of experience in many different types of trials, litigator Darrell Greer defends clients in a wide range of industries.
Darrell runs a Texas-focused practice that involves personal injury, construction claims, products liability, premises liability, and general insurance defense cases for restaurant chains, retail operations, and real estate organizations. He previously represented railroads and large trucking firms in various transportation-related incidents.
Darrell has successfully represented employers in non-subscriber employee injury claims and also participated in numerous mediations and arbitrations as well as trials in Texas State Courts. With a pre-law background as a claims representative, a railroad claims agent, and an in-house litigation supervisor for an insurance company, Darrell brings those experiences and a broad knowledge base to his practice, which helps him deliver high-quality service to meet the legal needs of the people and companies he represents. His devotion to his clients serves as a hallmark of his practice.
Frequently representing defendants in premise liability cases, Darrell finds it gratifying to get to know his clients and their organizations and enthusiastically defend them in litigation. He enjoys the high level of personal interactions that comes with personal injury work and never hesitates to meet with clients at workplaces in towns both large and small to gain a better understanding of their personalities and situations.
Darrell receives a great deal of satisfaction in reassuring his clients that the lawsuits brought against them are not a dead end but rather a curve in the road. He helps them through a stressful time and walks them through the process step by step, emphasizing that they will soon move past the issue and be able to concentrate on what they do best: run their businesses.
Away from the Office
Outside of his legal practice, Darrell is very involved in his church and community. His enjoys spending time with his family, including his many grandchildren.
- State Bar of Texas (1986)
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 1985
- University of Arkansas at Monticello, B.B.A., 1972
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2011-2013)
- Top Lawyers in Houston, H Magazine (2011-2015)
- Represents many employers who are non-subscribers to Workman's Compensation system, especially employers in Fast Food Industry
- Has handled hundreds of first-party insurance lawsuits from natural disaster weather events
- McDonald's Corporation
- Many individual franchise owners
- Property insurance carriers affected by first-party serial litigation
- Licensed provider for continuing education courses for agents and adjusters licensed under the Texas Insurance Code
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Active in church membership.