Kiara has successfully represented clients in a wide array of areas, including general civil litigation matters, oil and gas, real estate, personal injury, construction, and parallel proceedings.
Prior to becoming a commercial litigation attorney, Kiara was a prosecutor in Galveston County. While serving as a prosecutor, Kiara gained valuable trial experience, which she has successfully translated to her civil litigation practice. With ten first chair and ten second chair trials under her belt, the large majority of which are jury trials, Kiara has shown that she can zealously represent her clients through trial, verdict, and beyond.
While in law school, Kiara led the LSU Black Law Students Association. Under her leadership, the chapter won the national chapter of the year award by creating and implementing events that were aimed at serving LSU law students and the Baton Rouge community. In college, Kiara was named Outstanding Black Student Leader, Greek Woman of the Year, and UTSA Golden Feather. Recently, Kiara has continued her servant leadership by accepting Mayor Sylvester Turner’s appointment as a committee member of the Houston Independent Police Oversight Board.
Away from the Office
Because Kiara recognizes the value in her journey, she gives back to the community by making time to do pro bono legal work for low-income individuals.
Additionally, in her free time, Kiara loves to travel internationally and indulge in decadent food.
- State Bar of Texas (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Louisiana State University, J.D., 2015
- Louisiana State University, D.C.L., 2015
- University of Texas at San Antonio, B.A., 2012
- Houston Young Lawyers Association’s, First Generation Attorneys Committee Co-Chair & Board Director
- Houston Independent Police Oversight Board, Panel Chair
- University of Houston Law Center Blakely Advocacy Institute, Mock Trial Coach
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- The Downtown Group
- LSU Law Center Opening Statement Competition, Winner
- IRA S. Flory Mock Trial Competition, Octofinalist
- Outstanding Black Student Leader Award
- UTSA's Golden Feather Award
- Order of Omega Greek Honors Fraternity
- UTSA Greek Woman of the Year
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters (2023)