Gordon Russell, a founding Director of the Firm, is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group and of the Business and Corporate Transactional Practice Group.
Gordon has concentrated his practice on banking and financial institutions, business and corporate, real estate and resolution of distressed assets. He has extensive experience in commercial lending, mergers and acquisitions, real estate finance, data centers, and business and technology transactions. Gordon also maintains a regular general business practice, including general counsel matters and litigation and bankruptcy support. Gordon is recognized on the Best Lawyers in America list for Corporate Law and Real Estate Law.
- State Bar of Texas (1974)
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1974
- University of Texas at Austin, Ph.D., 1979
- University of Rochester, M.A., 1969
- Hobart College, B.A., 1968
- Frequent speaker and lecturer at continuing legal education seminars and at business and industry conferences in commercial lending, finance, and business and technology transactions.
- Adjunct Professor, The University of Mississippi School of Law (2015 to date)
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell (1983 - 2020)
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (Real Estate 2003 - 2020)
- Best Lawyers in America©, U.S. News & World Report (Corporate and Real Estate 2018 - 2022)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Banking and Finance 2013 - 2018, 2020, 2021 (Corporate 2014)