Joy Winkler is a patent attorney focusing her practice on litigation matters.
Joy received her J.D. from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas, and served as a judicial intern for Judge David Hittner of the United States District Court, Southern District of Texas. Joy also earned a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Rice University.
Away from the Office
Dedicated to serving her community, Joy has volunteered her time working with various charitable organizations, including Rescued Pets Movement, Houston Achievement Place, and Children at Risk. Joy has a background in yoga and fitness coaching and, prior to practicing law, owned and operated a yoga studio in Houston, Texas.
- State Bar of Texas (2021)
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
South Texas College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2021
- Presidential Fellow
- Dean's Honor List
- Blask Fellowship Recipient
Rice University, B.S., 1996
- President's Honor Roll
Dram Shop: Can the Intoxicated Driver Be Compelled to Produce His Toxicology Report While the Criminal Proceeding Is Still Pending?, Kane Russell Coleman Logan, December 2021
Texas Association of Defense Counsel