Your intellectual property is the lifeblood of your company. At Kane Russell Coleman Logan, we understand the critical importance of protecting and defending your IP assets.
Businesses work hard to develop the ideas, designs, inventions, products, processes, and other intellectual property that allow them to be successful. Whether helping clients protect these assets by carefully negotiating and drafting agreements and other documents or by defending them with successful litigation strategies, we help ensure that our clients enjoy the full benefits of their work. Our formula for providing value that larger firms often can’t match: knowledge, experience, and focus.
Our transactional work in protecting client’s assets is informed by our attorneys’ vast litigation experience. We know where the litigation challenges and potential pitfalls lie; therefore, we know how to craft documents to make them as “bullet-proof” as possible, thus avoiding expensive and time-consuming litigation. This is protection before conflicts have a chance to arise.
The rapid pace of technological change has provided many of our clients with new opportunities, and our attorneys are here to assist with safeguarding advances in cybertechnology, internet technologies, cloud and SAAS agreements, privacy matters, terms and conditions, web scraping issues, and more. When conflicts do occur and litigation is inevitable, our courtroom experience makes us formidable advocates for our clients.
Locally, our knowledge of jurisdictions and courts gives us a tremendous advantage, but we litigate nationally, often “fighting above our weight” and winning. We regularly argue in federal courts throughout the United States and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Because of our knowledge of the Texas Court systems, when not serving as primary counsel, we are routinely engaged as local counsel in federal and state courts throughout Texas. Our intellectual property attorneys regularly assist clients in the following areas:
Prosecution, Transactions, and Counseling:
- Technology M&A and due diligence
- Trademark prosecution
- Privacy law advisory and compliance, including cross-border issues
- Copyright registration
- Cloud agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Trade secret protection
- Internal IP policies and procedures, handbooks, and employment agreements
- Influencer agreements
- Music artist agreements
- Patent infringement
- Trademark/trade dress litigation
- Copyright infringement
- Theft and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Unfair competition
- Internet-related claims
- Breach of non-compete agreements
Representative litigation experience:
- Prosecuting technology company’s patent infringement claim against scooter company regarding QR code technology (Western District of Texas).
- Defending financial institution against allegations of patent infringement (Eastern District of Texas)
- Prosecuting technology company’s patent infringement claims against large retailer regarding QR code technology (Western District of Texas).
- Defended publically traded financial institution against allegations of patent infringement relating to VOIP (Western District of Texas).
- Defended publically traded financial institution against allegations of patent infringement (Western District of Texas).
- Defended manufacturing company against patent infringement (Northern District of Texas)
- Prosecuted manufacturing company’s design patent infringement claim against a competitor. (Western District of Texas)
- Prosecuted manufacturing company’s design patent infringement claim against a competitor. (Southern District of Texas)
- Defended manufacturing client against allegations of patent infringement relating to electronic systems and controls associated with cash management products (Northern District of Texas).
- Prosecuted manufacturing client’s claims against a competitor for infringement of systems and control patents (Eastern District of Texas).
- Defended vehicle smart technology company in “bet the company” theft of trade secrets case, obtaining reverse and render judgment on appeal (Northern District of Texas and Dallas County).
- Defended publicly traded real estate brokerage against claims of copyright infringement based on photos published to its website (Western District of Texas).
- Prosecuting retailer’s copyright claims against retailer (Northern District of Texas)
- Defended numerous online copyright claims against copyright trolls.
- Defended manufacturing client against claims of patent infringement related to conveyor assemblies (Northern District of Texas)
- Defended retailer against claims of trademark infringement filed by multi-billion dollar luxury fashion company (Southern District of Texas).
- Successfully represented international fitness company in trademark infringement action (Southern District of Texas).
- Successfully represented international online clothing retailer in trademark infringement action (Southern District of Texas).
- Successfully represented one of the United States’ largest industrial staffing provider in trademark and unfair competition litigation.
- Successfully represented two of the United States’ largest furniture retailers in trademark and unfair competition litigation.