Ryan specializes in counseling a variety of clients as they navigate through all stages of the business cycle.
He began his career working side-by-side the in-house counsel for two international corporations. With this experience, and his background in finance and economics, Ryan has developed a keen respect and understanding of the diverse needs of businesses across an array of industries.
Ryan has developed an affinity for advising clients through the merger and acquisition process, taking the time to understand his client’s goals, craft an appropriate approach, and see the transaction all the way through. His varied experience helps him in anticipating potential hurdles and finding reasoned solutions for his clients.
In particular, Ryan has taken his understanding of trust and estate laws to guide closely-held businesses in developing succession plans that are tailored to the particular wants and needs of his clients. As a member of a fourth generation farming family, Ryan appreciates the difficulty his clients may experience when designing a succession plan and takes this into consideration when developing his approach.
Whether part of the general life cycle of the business or in conjunction with an acquisition, Ryan coordinates with commercial lenders and borrowers to structure, draft, and negotiate a variety of financing transactions. He represent clients in the full spectrum of commercial finance transactions including those involving real estate development and construction projects.
Away From the Office
In his downtime, Ryan enjoys exploring the city, experiencing new restaurants, and staying active.
*Ryan is only licensed to practice in Iowa and Nebraska.
- State Bar of Iowa (2016)
- State Bar of Nebraska (2016)
- State Bar of Texas (2021)
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2016
- Creighton University, magna cum laude, 2013 B.S.BA., Economics & Finance
- Senior Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems
- 2016 Jessup Moot Court Team Member
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Trusts and Estates
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Civil Procedure
Mergers and Acquisitions/Corporate:
- Represented a national group in the $26,000,000 disposition of its construction supply company.
- Represented food products company in connection with $22,500,000 cross-border acquisition of U.S. growing and production operations and related $100,000,000 CAD financing.
- Represented a regional group in the $15,000,000 acquisition of a medical practice.
- Represented a regional brokerage firm in the $13,000,000 disposition of its brokerage portfolio.
- Represented international conglomerate in connection with a $325,000,000 investment into a renewable energy project.
- Represented clients in connection with various acquisitions and disposition transactions and general corporate counsel.
- Represented various real estate development groups with regards to the refinancing of commercial loans ranging from $25,000,000 to $90,000,000 under Freddie Mac multifamily programs.
- Represented construction group with regards to $11,000,000 commercial financing with the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Represented investment group in connection with a $300,000,000 investment in a real estate development project.
- Represented construction group in connection with a $10,000,000 investment in a real estate development project.
- Represented real estate investment group in connection with a $8,000,000 sale of a commercial real estate complex.
- Represented clients in connection with various commercial leasing transactions.
- Represented clients in connection with various real estate financing, acquisition and disposition transactions.
- Member of Phi Delta Phi
- Nebraksa State Bar Association, 2016
- Iowa State Bar Association, 2016
- Iowa Young Lawyers Division – District Representative (2019-Current)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – District Representative for Nebraska and Iowa (2020-Current)